All these models come without cab interior and almost snap together.
From my scrap box I used bits of styrene to add a floor and shaped the backs of the seats. I test fitted a Preiser driver figure behind the steering wheel. These plain unpainted figures are cheaper than the painted ones and a box has over 52 different poses.
Then I painted interior medium grey and glued the painted driver figure on the seat.
I touched up the lights on top of the cab and added A-Line side mirrors.
Another nice touch are the air hoses. I wound a piece of wire around a small dowel to achieve the coiled look.
To give the trucks another realistic touch, I bent the front axle and attached the wheels so as if they take a turn.
The long nose tractor received the same treatment, by touching up the lights and adding side mirrors.
As a final touch I added a bar across the rear and attached mud flaps from A-Line.
This is a fairly easy evening upgrading project if you don't have a Herpa truck on hand.
Stay tuned as I continue with the detailing of my APA micro layout.